The Safety Specialist is responsible for the implementation of mine site safety processes and implements corporate safety initiatives and training. The Safety Specialist ensures that mine operations are in overall compliance with Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) statutes and corporate standards by educating mine employees on health and safety issues and reviewing mine processes. In addition, the Safety Specialist is responsible for ensuring that Safety Department actions are based on sound business, safety, and environmental goals.
This position does not have formal supervisory responsibilities over other employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote and support the overall health, safety and work environment by implementing and assisting in the enforcement of the requirements of Coal Health and Safety Programs.
- Contributes to the overall health, safety, and work environment of the Safety Department.
- Implements and educates mine employees on the current requirements of any corporate safety programs.
- Ensures health and safety work is carried out in compliance with health and safety regulations and licenses.
- Directs and conducts health and safety event reporting and investigation as needed.
- Manage training materials for use in the surface and underground operations.
- Demonstrate and support the Westmoreland Coal Company Code of Conduct, promote and support overall health, safety and work environment.
- Perform related work as required.
Polished interpersonal skills. Strong personnel management skills. Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Knowledge of fiscal management and office management techniques. Knowledge of computer systems and applications. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues. Ability to exercise initiative, problem solving and decision making skills. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities. Ability to work in conjunction with Company managers and employees. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet critical deadlines. Ability to quickly develop strong internal working relationships.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to analyze processes and functional requirements to identify inefficiencies and propose solutions. Ability to follow both verbal and/or written policies, procedures, and instructions. Ability to prepare and present accurate and reliable reports containing findings and recommendations. Ability to use logical and creative thought processes to develop solutions according to written specifications and/or verbal instructions. Ability to perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines.
Typical Physical Demands
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires constant data input for extended periods of time without leaving the work area. Occasionally lifting files or paper weighing up to 30 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Requires mobility sufficient to travel.
Typical Working Conditions
Normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 4 years of operational experience in underground coal mining or related work experience.
Licenses, Registration, and Certifications
- Examiners paper required.
- Mine Foreman certification obtained within 12 months of hire.
- Problem solving.
Apply Here: https://www.jobs.net/jobs/westmoreland/en-us/job/United-States/Safety-Specialist/J3Q7B66S9N887QX4JW3/?IPath=TNCNTPG
Environmental Project Manager
Posted: Oct 09, 2018
- Project Manager reporting to Department Manager on day-to-day execution of environmental projects for existing and new clients;
- Must be able to manage existing and new projects with minimal oversight;
- Must be able to collect, analyze, and report on data collected for various environmental subjects;
- Must be able to accurately and effectively prepare Cost Proposal for environmental services managing;
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree in an applicable scientific field required, advanced degree a plus;
- Must have minimum of 10 years direct, actual experience, but no more than 15 years required;
- Must be willing and able to travel periodically during the day with minimal overnight stay required;
- Must be able to work in remote locations with possible rugged terrain;
- Experience with UST/LUST, RCRA, CERCLA, Superfund, ACM, LBP, and uranium/mining a plus;
- Full standard benefits after 90-day probation period;
- Relocation expenses are not covered;
- PMP Certification a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- direct: 10 years (Required)
Posted: Aug 22, 2018
Please visit our San Juan County page to finalize your application at:
Under general supervision of the County Attorney, investigates incidents and accidents, performs risk identification and analysis, recommends appropriate risk transfers and risk financing approaches, and manages the County’s liability and workers compensation insurance programs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Public or Business Administration or related field and five (5) years experience in risk analysis, safety operations, claims adjustments, liability and workers compensation; or equivalent combination of education and work experience sufficient to perform the duties of the position.Independent Adjuster’s License is required.Valid State of New Mexico Driver’s license or able to obtain within six (6) months of employment.Job Type: Full-time
risk analysis, safety operations, liability, workers comp: 5 years (Preferred)Education:
Independent Adjuster’s License (Required)
Posted: Aug 22, 2018
Description Ripple Effect Consulting is seeking an Environmental Technician in Durango,CO. The Environmental Technician will primarily be responsible for performing groundwater sampling, soil sampling, construction stormwater inspections, SPCC inspections, due diligence inspections, environmental drilling oversight, and excavation oversight. This is a full-time position with typically 80-90% of time spent in the field. LTE maintains a fleet of trucks for fieldwork and travel to project sites. Your Day-to-Day
- Perform fieldwork that may include groundwater and soil sampling, environmental site assessments, excavation oversight, remediation, and compliance inspections (stormwater, SPCC, LDAR).
- Interact with contractors and clients in the field.
- Communicate regularly with Client Managers, Group Managers, and Project Managers located in Carlsbad, Midland, Durango, and in other LTE offices via cell phone, e-mail, and video conference.
- Local travel to multiple project locations in rural areas on unpaved roads. Overnight stays to complete larger projects is infrequent but expected. LTE pays all travel expenses.
- Perform field activities and/or other duties as assigned. You will experience a high degree of variation in your daily work activities.
What You Bring to the Team
- 2-year or 4-year college degree or certification in an environmentally-related field (basic knowledge of hydrology, soils, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills.
- Resourceful, critical thinker, problem-solving skills. Positive, team-oriented attitude.
- A safety-first approach to all work activities.
- HAZWOPER certification is a plus.
- Mechanical/construction skills are a plus.
- Ability to travel locally, work independently, and work outdoors year-round.
- Applicant must be able to pass a drug screen and baseline physical.
- Have a valid driver’s license; motor vehicle record free of major infractions, and a commitment to safe operations.
Must be physically able to lift up to 50 lbs., walk around construction sites, climb ladders, slopes and berms, and cross uneven terrain, sometimes in extreme weather conditions